Home > Pitangui Skin Care Center > Freckles/Pigment
Freckles are an acquired skin disease, caused by excessive melanin deposition. The disease is frequently observed with women in their thirties and it usually occurs around the eyes, cheeks, forehead, jaws, nose and the upper lip. The freckles appear in cluster as dark brown hyperpigmented areas. Excerbating factors are pregnancy, genetic factors, stress, endocrinopathy and hormones. But, most of all, it is the sunlight that is considered the biggest factor to the disease.
Freckles have been basically found with the women in their twenties and the thirties but with a man who enjoys outdoor activities, the freckles are also observed. People usually do not show any symptoms but, the darker the skin is, the more likely the freckles occur. The disease degenerates in spring and summer while gets better in autumn and winter.
What would cause the freckles?
- 01. Sunlight
- When you are exposed to the sun for long periods, your skin will have inflammation which would leave a pigmentation mark on your face as it develops. A few years ago, people were enthusiastic about having tanned skin and they all went outside to get their skin burned on purpose. Such event pushed the people right before the skin inflammation. In addition, it is believed that if you have a bad liver of unpleasant metabolism, your skin will be subject to the active pigmentation. Those who have severe constipation should be careful about the pigmentation because the freckles have been proved to be greatly infected by metabolism. That is why the freckles are also called, “liver spots”.
- 02. Freckles caused by pigmentation from sunlight
- You have got your skin color as hemoglobin (red), brown melanin, creamy-white keratohynalin and yellowish carotin are combined with each other. Since the skin color is determined by the thickness of the thick skin, the nearer capillary gets the surface, the less the melanin is generated, which gets you to have better complexion color. The skin color changes because the sun light stimulates pigmentation cell of your skin. During the stimulation, the skin starts to protect itself, making it darker so that any harmful substances would not be penetrated into the inner organs.
- 03. Inactivity of hormones
- An ovary is the one and only organ which is found only with a woman. The ovary is regarded as a hormone factory which develops the hip to feel more feminine and makes the skin soft. However, when the ovary gets weakened, you have freckles as a result. Other than that, your age could be a factor to cause the freckles. As you get older, your skin cells are also aged and weakened and that interrupts the metabolism. The inactive metabolism increases the pigmentation forming cells. Hence, no matter how hard you receive skin care treatments, the pigmentation by the age will not be stopped and if it goes wrong with you, you will have typical freckles on your face.
- 04. Stress
- Are you suffering from chronic stress? When your skin is habitually exposed to the stress, the skin operates its pigmentation forming cell system even harder to protect by itself. However, the melanocyte increase is the main factor of the freckles and the chronic stress would stimulate the increase even more. In the end, your skin changes and the results by the change will not go away unless you work on the cause directly. The stress confuses the biological cycle of a human body and it might get your hair gray even overnight. You might also have a darker face because of the stress, so it would be great for you to have a measure to cope with the stress.
Do you find your skin sensitive to sun exposure? Then, you are likely to have freckles on your face in any minutes!
- Freckles found everywhere on the face. Freckles are brownish spots on a face, a neck, shoulders and hands which are caused by sun exposure. Freckles are spots existed on the skin epidermis and westerners with fair skin are more likely to have freckles. You may have the freckles mainly on a face, a nose, and cheeks and under your eyes.
Sadly, you are basically born with freckles under your skin. You have a few freckles at the elementary school, more freckles in your puberty and by the time you reach to the twenties, you will be have many more freckles on the face. Since the freckles are sensitive to the sun exposure, they get worse in spring and summer while in winter, they seem to be diminished. With more sun exposure, you will have more, darker freckles. Therefore, if you have the freckles now, you are suggested to get the freckle treatment immediately. But at the same time, it is more important for you to cope with the freckles even before you have more freckles on your face.
“Spot”, an abnormal phenomenon caused by melanin cell
People consider a spot as an evidence of skin decoloration. However, the medical field believes that the spot is a birthmark by spot cells. There has not been found any particular factor to cause the spot but still, the field considers that the spot occurs either by embryological abnormality or genetic factors.
얼굴을 전체적으로 칙칙하게 만드는 잡티
- 피부에 생기는 잡티는 엄밀히 말하면 의학적인 용어는 아니랍니다. 일반적으로 잡티는 크게 두가지 의미로 나눌 수 있습니다.
첫번째 넓은 의미의 잡티는 얼굴에 생기는 기미, 주근깨, 흑자(검버섯), 기타 색소침착 등 다양한 모양과 다양한 색깔의 피부 병명을 모두 일컬어 말합니다. 두 번째 의미는 기미, 주근깨, 흑자(검버섯) 등을 제외한 기타의 색소침착만을 잡티라 부릅니다. 기타의 색소침착은 보통 염증후 색소침착상태로 얼굴에 여드름이 있을 경우 여드름 염증이 가라앉으면서 발생되는 갈색의 칙칙한 반점을 말합니다. 그러나 대부분 일반인들은 얼굴에 생기는 색소성 질환을 모두 잡티라 부르는 경우가 많답니다.
Age spot that shows your age
- Koreans call the age spot flowers of the afterlife. The age spots are usually observed with middle-aged people over the age of 50. The symbol of the elderly is not shown before the thirties but when you get to the fifties and the sixties, the spots gradually appear on the skin. The medical field calls the age spot seborrheic keratosisand,itoccursasadarkbrownishcelllayer,ontheveryoutsideoftheskin,changes.Thespotdoesnotcomewithaninflammationbut,youcannothelpnoticingitontheverysurfaceofyourface.Theagespotappearseitherinashapeofawartorinashapeofdandruff.
Melanin is generated as your skin is exposed to sunlight. With the excessive melanin secretion, the age spot occurs and that is a normal skin aging process. When you are repeatedly exposed to the sunlight, your skin either gets rough or has dark spot such as the age spots.
Birthmark, easily misunderstood as freckles
A birthmark is a skin pigmentation spot caused by melanin cells deep in the thick skin. The birthmark is usually found on cheekbones, under eyes, near a nose and on the sides of a forehead just like freckles. Since the birthmark appears in dark gray or brown, it is easily mistaken as freckles. The birthmark is a disease found with the twenties and the thirties.
One thing that would separate the birthmark from the freckles is that you could have the birthmark even before the puberty. It is rather bluish gray comparing to brownish freckles and while the freckles are brownish wide spots, the birthmark is a gray circular spot which is as big as a bean.
Skin Care Equipment
- With ionospheresis applied, “Vital Iont” has Vitamin C, activated by cellular tissue, penetrated deep into the skin by using fine current. Afterwards, Ascorbic Acid, both ionized and gained via electrolysis, is adsorbed into the cell as much as possible which would continuously control the melanin growth. Vital Iont encourages collagen production and works on all sorts of pigmentation diseases which have been regarded refractory as freckles. Add to this, unlike other current operations, you will not feel any pain during the treatment with Vital Iont. You will not be put under anesthesia and worried about side-effects later on.
- Nd-Yag, an innovative pigmentation treatment, has been invented for you to have younger and brighter skin. Nd-Yag laser is a laser created by the combination of Yag, as a medium, and Neodymium (Nd).
With 532nmm of wavelength and 1,064nm of infrared wave generated by Nd-Yag laser, freckles and pigmentation on your face will be efficiently removed. You can also have your tattoo disappeared with Nd-Yag laser.
- It is a laser to treat the skin by freesing the skin surface through Cooling Device (DCD). As an upgraded version of current lasers, Gentle Laser minimizes tissue damage through better heat control. It only destroys hair follicles, protecting the skin which makes patient feel relaxed during treatment.
Pictures before and after an operation
Do you have any questions about the plastic surgery? Please contact us.
Pictures before and after an operation
You have re-born through our operation! See how you have beautifully been transformed.
You will be provided with our caring, professional counseling.
- Email : email@example.com
- Monday to Thursday 10 am to 6 pm
- Friday 10 am to 5 pm
- Saturday closed
- Sunday 10 am to 6 pm
- No Lunch time